Impact level goals the forum contribute to through the facilitation of agricultural innovations, participatory process towards:
- improving people’s welfare
- improving food security and nutrition
- improve the health of the rural population, and
- improvement of the ecological situation
- Strengthening organizational and institutional capacities of rural advisory systems (RAS) at organization, country and regional scale
- Improved capacity and professionalization of extension providers (agents)
- Improved skills and knowledge of extension agents (soft, technical, organizational and professional skills and capabilities)
- Formalization and strengthening the efficient and sustainable national extension systems
- Broad and targeted advocacy on the important role of extension in Agicultural Innovation Systems (AIS)
- Efficient, systematic and sustainable links between extension, education and research, as well as other AIS actors
- Creation of favorable environment (space and platform) for the cooperation between countries in different segments of AIS, public, private sectors and CSOs.
- In-depth analysis of the current legislative framework relevant for national extension system. Develop the model of effective, efficient and sustainable national extension system based on the analysis and goals and objectives of national agri-food system, as well as learning the experience of advanced countries, and consultation with ministries.
- Discussion, development, planning and implementation of a set of actions for the organization of a system of capacity building and professionalization RAS workers
- Analysis of the needs and capacity of the agri-food-producers and providers of services, knowledge and inputs, and other AIS actors, along with increasing their knowledge about the capabilities of the RAS. Increase the capacity of the extension advisory providers in identified areas of farmers’ needs.
- Increase of awareness of producers, providers and supporters; creation of marketing (advocacy) strategies and tactics about the expediency of “buying RAS”
- Intensifying the collaboration between the RAS, the private sector, ministries and non-agricultural sectors operating in the agri-food system.
- Elimination of isolating boundaries between the systems of extension, education and research, and strengthening systemic links
- Discussion, initiation, planning and implementation of CAC-FRAS activities on strengthening relations between countries and improvement of cooperation in various segments of AIS
- Capitalization of experience and knowledge in the field of RAS and AIS; and others